Friday, December 16, 2011

Chase + Soccer = pain and heartache

Here's Chase getting his medal for playing soccer. You might me thinking, "how cute he loves soccer." Well, you'd be wrong. Mostly.
Most practices/games this was him in the field. Wandering. IF we could get him out there. He had 2 friends on the team-and even that wasn't incentive enough. I finally decided that he only had to do practices b/c he seemed to like it a little better. After battling w/ Tyler at the same age, I figured it just wasn't worth it. We were going to those fields 3 times a week for heavens sake!
"What am I doing here?
"I want a snack."
"Look! I made contact w/ the ball. Now can we go?"
And then the final game came. We made him go b/c they were doing a team picture. We couldn't get him OFF the freaking field. He LOVED it. He played well, was aggressive and having fun. he kept saying how much he loved this game and that he wanted to play it forever and ever. He kills me.
But I'm happy he eventually liked it. And I'm thankful for a patient coach! We'll see how next year goes.

No comments: