Saturday, April 16, 2011

Let the Easter festivities begin!!

Last Sunday we got our Easter decorations out (all 5 of them-the kids were pretty disappointed) and the next morning I came downstairs to this. Super cute little bunnies! And somehow my kitchen was clean. Magic.
Starting tomorrow we'll do our "week of Easter" where each day we read about what happened to Christ each day before his Crucifixion. I hope to remind my kids that it's not just about bunnies and eggs-which I'm still confused by to this day! :)
 Chase's preschool had a "spring" party and it was also silly child week. So that day was "crazy hair day." Well, I had no clue what to do w/ a boys hair and I couldn't find hair dye. So I used acryllic paint to do a bunny and an egg. He loved it. Until that night when we washed it out. I'm surprised he doesn't have bald spots. I might never do that again. I figured the worst case scenario was I'd shave his head. Luckily it didn't come to that.

 Here he is at school heading to the Easter egg hunt.
 Look at all that crazy hair! Love it!
 I was able to go and help w/ the party. I love to do that. You can see Chase is a shoveler when he eats. Get as much as you can in and hope you can chew and swallow. Lots of gagging happens in our home. Anyway. The teachers couldn't believe how much food he eats.
 Doing the classic egg on teh spoon game. He's looking over at the opposing team. He's as competitive as Phil and Ty. Things get pretty crazy here when they wrestle. They must all win!!
 Run Forest, run!
 At the end his teacher Miss Dawn read a weird book about the Easter bunny. Not sure if she'd read it before. Oh, well. he liked it.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I can't get over the paint in his hair! I guess that IS silly.

Yay for Easter! Can't wait to see all of you.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Very clever idea with the paint. I would never of thought of doing that. Very stylish as well. He is such a cutie!