Sunday, August 31, 2008

They say it's human...


Here "it" is!! We're on our way to becoming a family of 5. I'm 14 weeks, due on Feb. 27. So I'm hoping this explains some grouchiness and bad skin!! We had this ultrasound at about 8 weeks and they did a 3D, which I've never had before. I wish I could say it's cute, but I think we all know I'd be lying. It was however really cool to see, especially on the screen there. If you look closely you can see the umbilical cord and it's little hand waving hi!
And a quick funny story about this picture. We had my niece Lexi over for lunch and she spotted this pic on on the fridge. She said, "Cyd is that your baby in your tummy?" And I told her yes and brought the pic over and explained it's going to look more like a baby as it grows, etc. And she looked at me sort of horrified and said, "Cyd-I think this is an animal." It was priceless. She couldn't be convinced I was carrying a human.

15 comments:

Katri said...

Congratulations! I didn't know you were expecting!

amy said...

why are you being so hard on the little thing? i think it looks just like phil! har har har.

Beth said...

Congrats! That's exciting! How are you feeling? It's always good to have an excuse for a bad mood.

Sherwoods said...

Yeah! Congrats. I hope you get your way and have a girl!

Jackie said...

Lexi may be on to something... No matter what it is, we're glad he/she/it is coming. :)

LizzyP said...

Ha! I admit that during my pregnancy I felt a little like my body had been invaded by something non-human. Not to mention the fact that I didn't feel too human myself. I'm excited for you, Cydney.

Kellie said...

No way! Congrats! I can't wait to see the animal. lol

MenacingTourist said...

"Human" is such a subjective term anyway.

Anonymous said...

SHE is beautiful.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

It does look part Kangaroo...

Stacey said...

Congrats! Kay just told me, so I knew you would have something on your blog. I am predicting that she will come 9 days early because February 18th is the BEST Birthday to ever have!!! And if you get really forgetful...its definitely a girl.

Stace

Kimberly said...

Congrats! It's always an adventure adding a new little one to the family. Each day brings something new.

Malsy (THE Moe of DMOE) said...

Congrats! it will be adorable whatever IT becomes!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!

Kandis said...

Congrats! How exciting for you guys. That is pretty funny about Lexi and your baby animal!