Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Jake

Today would have been my nephew Jake's 2nd birthday and so his family and ours got together at the cemetery to "send balloons to heaven." It helps keep the mood light for the kids (meanwhile I do believe the adults are secretly killing ourselves) and gives us a quiet moment while we watch the balloons drift slowly out of sight. The Meyerson's did their best to keep things upbeat and we went back to their house for a cute train cake for the kids while us adults indulged on bakery made cupcakes. I am again reminded of how grateful I am for the things that Jake taught me about being grateful for life and how precious our time w/ each other really is. I love you tons buddy and I know you wouldn't want us to be sad today and so I'm trying not to be!



Tyler so proudly colored this wooden train for Jake. He got really into it and kept asking if Jake was going to like the colors he was choosing. So thoughtful!

6 comments:

the meyersons said...

Thanks for posting and for making today fun!

Sherwoods said...

I'm glad you guys had a 'fun' day!

Jackie said...

I'm so happy you could be there. He was a darling kid, wasn't he??

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Jake!! Thanks for everything you taught all of us!!

I'm glad you guys had a nice day together. Tell Tyler I love the train and I bet Jake loves it, too.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Man am I glad you guys live by each other so you can lean on one another! What a nice day for balloon sending!

Love the train Ty Ty! You did a great job with it buddy!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Jake!