Thursday, September 4, 2008

Embarassing Moment 8,000,000,000....

I was at the doctor today listening to the heartbeat of the baby and I commented that based on the beats it sounded like a boy. My doctor told me that was just an old wives tale and then said, "you know who determines the sex of the baby, right?" Well, me in my infinite wisdom stated, "yes, Heavenly Father does." After an awkward pause and a cocked eyebrow he said, um, no the male does. Realizing my blunder I stuttered and stumbled that yes, the male does-and so does God. Geez what a dork. Why religion even came into play is beyond me. I have no idea if he even knows who Heavenly Father is. I'd blame this on pregnancy, but I'm afraid that may have happened anyway. I clearly have little children who have been asking where the baby is coming from. I'll call this a missionary moment and be on my way!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!! I miss you.

spyderette said...

i confess i shared with alan...we had a good laugh at your expense. however, we will go along with the "missionary moment" story if that's what you're calling it. LOL.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Next time just bring a Book of Mormon and get it over with!

p.s. you crack me up!

Jackie said...

Wow, wow, wow...

Well, did you at least find out if that heartbeat was a male one?? He should have at least given you that benefit. Freak.

Kandis said...

that is soooo funny!

Anonymous said...

I always thought the "old wives tail" was infact TRUE because, in my experience, it has been pretty accurate. But, to give you hope...my baby boy that I am pregnant with always has heart beats in the 150's, which is a girl according to the old wives tail. So, you just never know...until you have an ultrasound, that is!!

Sherwoods said...

That's awesome. Not quite as good as the spider in the van story...but awesome none the less.