Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I HEART PHILADELPHIA

Today Phil took off from work, and with his Mom and the kiddies we were off to Philly! We went to the Macy's light show on Market STreet, then Hard Rock Cafe for lunch, walked to Independence Hall and saw the Liberty Bell, then to the PA Convention Center to see a really fun interactive train display. The kids pushed buttons to make the trains go and since their both "choo choo" fanatics they were loving it! Then it was back to Macy's to see the Charles Dickens display which I enjoyed but scared the heck out of Tyler. (the ghost of Christmas future WAS super freaky) And then the kids saw Santa and told the old elf what they want. Ty has seen him many times and had to give him an updated version of his list. It changes constantly and he's very concerned Santa isn't in the know.

Phil and I have decided we love Philadelphia. WE go into NYC more than we do Philly, and we're not sure why anymore!! Philly is closer, easier to get to, cheaper and frankly it was cleaner. AND everything we did was FREE!!! You heard it right, free. Parking was a rip-off, but who cares?!!?!? Where we were anyway didn't smell like pee!! Although I do love NYC too, don't get me wrong, but sometimes we can spare ourselves the trip there. I'm not a hater...
So here are some pics from our day!
Inside the Macy's they have 3 stories of lights and an organ! You just sit on the floor in the midst of people shopping and watch a 20 minute show. SOOO cool! And it's the old Wannamaker's Dept. Store and it's super old and vintage.

The kids climbing the eagle in Macy's while we waited for the show to start. Everyone else was doing it, so I allowed it. It was hard but I let it go. They were having a blast!

The Hard Rock Cafe. We were seated below Johnny Cash. I love him.

The Liberty Bell w/ Independence Hall in the background.

A whole lotta smiling faces when we were playing w/ the trains!

6 comments:

the meyersons said...

Who DOESN'T love Phila? Macy's looks pretty sweet!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Oh man how fun is that? I am glad you were able to do that with your boys...oh memories!

Jackie said...

I’ve always wanted to eat below Johnny Cash! I do miss the Delaphelphia (a Jim Dunlop pronunciation), so I’m glad you could guys could go. I shall live through you. :)

Sherwoods said...

What fun! I want to know where that train thing is. Zach would be in heaven! You will have to share all your itinerary secrets with us so we can copy you!

Anonymous said...

That sounds awesome. I'm jealous. I, too, want to steal your itinerary.

Unknown said...

I can't get over that last picture of the boys looking at the trains. Chase is so big now!!