Friday, December 21, 2007

MOVING UP!!

Does anybody else watch the tv show MOVING UP on TLC? It's a great concept. They take a person buying a house from a person, and then that person buying a house from a person. Then they renovate the house and 6 months later the previous owners come back and judge it. It's hosted by Doug Wilson who used to do Trading Spaces and it's very funny. The people are usually really mean and critical. And you get these people who say "if they change my gorgeous green glass fan from the 80's I'd be really surprised." Some people have no design sense!! So....I've been loving this show, and the other night the previous owner of OUR old house called and said she had a bunch of our Christmas Cards and would WE like to come back and see what she's done to the place!!! It was so awesome! We went last night and it was just so fun. She totally gutted the bathrooms and they look gorgeous. And she painted and did some really cool things w/ the place. It definitely didn't feel like our home! So thanks Angela for letting us come! Who has that opportunity?!?! I moved so much growing up and always wished we could go see our old houses and never did. I just had to share b/c it was so fun!


Here she is in all her glory. She was a good house!


6 comments:

Sherwoods said...

I am glad you had fun moving up!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

I remembered more questions...

did she change the carpet?
did she change the railing?
did she change the back door?
is there still a Harry Potter closet?

What a fun thing to see...

CYD said...

kept it upstairs, put some in the family room.
new railing and looks awesome.
same horrible back door.
yes, harry potter still lives on...

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if she was going to change the stained glass mural of the four seasons from the 60's. I mean that's an antique.

She left it. Tell me she left it.

LizzyP said...

How fun! I'd enjoy that, too. You're awesome to avoid pulling the "moving up" eyerolls and snears I seemed to see a lot of when we'd watch that show.

Anonymous said...

That is so fun. I would LOVE to go check out our old place in Newtown. Jealous.