Monday, September 10, 2007

Partying Philly-style at Philly's house




So we have some friends that host really creative parties. And I love them. And I was getting jealous of their creativity. So Phil and I decided to put our heads together and come up with something fun too. And so we came up w/ a party w/ food from Philadelphia. Then the guest list began. And it got bigger and bigger and bigger. So we were wondering how to feed 75 people cheesesteaks and hoagies. We decided on a bucket of water ice (which I was surprised at how many people hadn't heard of it) layered in cherry, mango and fudge brownie, soft pretzels and TastyKakes. We all had a really great time running around like crazy people in the backyard. There was a pretty intense wiffle ball game going, sprinklers, bubble blowing and of course eating. It was a never-ending supply of food and we are feeling pretty good about ourselves. I don't know if we'll ever be able to out-do our cleverness. It took alot of thinking to come up w/ this! But thanks to all those who came and helped us rock the Barno Backyard!
Our friends had these pics on their blog so I stole them! Here are some of the peeps watching the wiffle ball game.
The intense game. I didn't mess w/ this...
My dad's sweet invention. The soda bottle launcher. Some people got wet, the kids loved it and some people got hurt. I consider it a success.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

I can taste Rita's right now, and I covet you.

Sounds like it was a rockin' par-tay... well done!

Sleepless Tyrant said...

The party was awesome. Thanks for inviting us! I'm sorry we had to split so soon. If it weren't for my freaking dang wife and my whiney kids, I would have stayed the whole weekend! Maybe next time! ha ha!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Sounds like a blast! My invite must have been lost in the mail I guess...you guys always leave us out. Sniff Sniff

Anonymous said...

My invite was lost in the mail, too, I guess. I'll be expecting my Rita's, soft pretzels, and Tastykake's in the mail!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. - I'm totally stealing your party theme. Great idea!!