Monday, September 10, 2007

Our Soccer Boy




So Tyler has been anticipating Soccer for about 2 weeks. All we hear is, "should I eat this? Is it healthy? Will it make me a soccer boy?" We bought him gear, ie: a ball, shorts, cleats, socks, shin guards (or shields as he calls them). So the day finally came... and he went into shut down mode. He actually did okay, but I could tell that he was perhaps let down? On Dora she was scoring goals left and right, and all they were doing were drills and games. Not to mention it was the hottest day of the month so far, so he was a little lethargic. So we're hoping for better times next Saturday. I see my new life forming. Saturdays=sports. But it was fun to see him running after the ball and kicking with all his might. And he looked pretty darned cute in his uniform!!

Tyler and Henry pre-game. Full of enthusiasm!!

The kids listening intently for the next drill.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Yay soccer skills!!!

Tell him he looks great. And that most foods, including Twinkies, will make him a soccer boy!

Kristin said...

Here's to a not so hot Saturday this week!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Oh my gosh what a cutie...I mean stud! Go Ty Ty!