Sunday, January 13, 2013

December Part 2

We always make a gingerbread house for Christmas-either a real gingerbread (purchased of course!) or graham cracker. And I have to admit I suck at making a frosting that works. we glue them w/ glue but the frosting is always too runny to keep the candy on. So it's frustrating. Then my friend told me her family tradition growing up of making a candy train out of Halloween leftover bite-sized candies. Brilliance! and my kids looooved it. Especially Chasey!



We went to Phil's moms house for some Christmas festivities. Phil wearing a very manly Clifford apron. Woo Woo! I shouldn't mock-he helped in the kitchen quite a bit!
I believe this is him carving the turkey. What the what?
My 3 cute kiddies!
Chase holding our nephew Brady. It's a toss up who has the biggest cheeks! so cute together!

They sat and snuggled for a long time. Brady is such a chill little guy.
We started Ty in piano lessons w/ a woman who does it as her job full time. It's been really good for Ty and with it came his first piano recital. The kids that take from her are absolutely amazing piano players! Ty had to do a solo piece memorized and then did a duet w/ his buddy Oakley. They played "The Little Drummer Boy" and did such a great job! it was fun to watch, although it was 2 hours long and I think 55 pieces were played! Wow!

Bringing in treats to school parties is becoming more and more difficult so I've been looking for alternatives. I found these cute reindeer for Chase's class and Ty's class could only have packaged kellog's rice kris pies treats so I put a Christmas bow on each and the class loved it! Thanks Pinterest!
Lucy and Eliza at their Holiday sing-a-long at Preschool. 
Christmas this year was with my family so we loaded up the van and drove on down to Alabama for a down-home kinda Christmas. This is about 30 mins. after arrival. The mullet makes an appearance. That's my man!
And then my dear, dear Chase. As soon as we got to my parents he shot out of the van like a rocket and went running up their front steps. He tripped and fell on his face knocking his front tooth out. Luckily it was a baby tooth, and luckily Ben is a dentist. So he got a quarter from the tooth fairy (who didn't come for days b/c she couldn't find him-woops) and coupled w/ the mullet is just too redneck for me!!
The zipline! We finally got Eliza to go on it!
All of the girls coddling her. Pretty cute.
Chase bugging her. Normal.
Happy with Daddy. Normal.
Traditional Dunlop Games done at the church. We had mazes to walk through, donuts to eat-good clean fun!!
Eat faster!!!

walking w/ the donuts was tricky. we were walking through a maze of chairs!


I didn't win. Those were some dense donuts!! Plus I was up to Kennedy's big mouth. :)




The traditional get a cookie off your forehead into your mouth. I suck at it. Luke rocks at it!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I love the train! That is a cool idea. But what if you eat all your Halloween candy? What then.

I also had no idea Ty was so accomplished at the piano these days. Very cool!