Wednesday, September 26, 2012

JUNE'S GOOD TIMES

The Pinewood Derby heard 'round the ward. 

 After hours of sanding, and oiling and who knows what else-Tyler won FIRST PLACE!! I'm pretty sure Phil was living vicariously through his child-but it was for good and not evil. And they had some serious father/son bonding time. I am so proud of Ty!
 The kids made Phil this candy bar card for Father's Day.
 Daddy loved it!
 Ty being, well, Ty.
 My 2 little train engineers. Those Thomas trains have been a good investment!!
 Once school was FINALLY out, we started the fun summer festivities.
 I saw this cute idea where you freeze small toys in a balloon and the kids figure out how to get them out. Here they are using spoons.
 But these kids are no dummies-between the heat and their brains they realized they could simply throw them on the deck. Then they started throwing sharp bits of ice around. we had to put a stop to that!
 I introduced the boys to cards on their bike spokes. We spent many a day riding "motorcycles" through the neighborhood. I'm sure my neighbors hate us. :)
 My 2 cute boys.
 They all sat here quietly for almost an hour eating popsicles and talking quietly. Heaven I tell you.
 Please note the big wheel tied to the wagon. Poor Chase pulled Eliza up and down the sidewalks until I thought he'd pass out from the heat. Hence the popsicles.

No comments: