Friday, July 27, 2012

The Shafer's had the audacity to move...

Once I accepted that the Shafer's were actually moving, we decided we could go down to help them pack up. And we also met this little peanut. I was in love. She looks like what I always thought my kids would look like and never did. She's a sweetheart!!
Chase appears to not really be enjoying Grace. But he did.


Packing up some pods. It was a serious jigsaw puzzle. Jack-do you remember the plastic hanger sorting fiasco? I think they were exhausted!
My Phil. Pure muscle.

Jackie looking pretty dang good post-pregnant.
Doug's hat from Halloween-which is very generously gave to us. Thaaaanks.
Getting creative to keep the kids busy. No furniture. No toys. It got tricky.
The boys also worked hard. I liked that.
woops!

Packing up the kitchen. She looks like she's really enjoying herself, doesn't she? or maybe she's gone mad from all the moving, babies, allergies, etc.

2 cute brown-headed kids.

We were able to relax and have a bit of fun in our hotel pool. Nice crack Chasey!

These 2 love each other. Eliza misses "my Addy"

me and Addy

Not a great pic, but she does this all of the time and I had to document it. Silly.

The morning they left for their 2 week tour across the US. We were well, devastated they left. I will miss getting together w/ them all of the time. But they are really happy w/ their new digs in Oregon, so I am happy too.
Phil had a brief moment where he considered having another baby and then it was gone instantly. INSTANTLY.

On the drive home we stopped at the D.C. Temple so the kids could see it for the first time. They thought it was gorgeous. Eliza thinks it's a Princess Castle and we even saw a "princess" on her wedding day.
I love the big doors at the Temples.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Looking at these pictures brings back a variety of feelings (oh the plastic hanger breakdown!), but man I'm glad you guys came down. Moving can be fun. Maybe?

Beth said...

looks like you need to move out here too to be with Jackie and Stacey! Oh and did I mention ME!