Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Cubarama

Having grown up in a family of all girls-the whole Boy Scout thing is totally foreign to me. Phil wasn't a Boy Scout either-so we're basically clueless. Ty seems to be loving Cub Scouts. A few weekends back our county had a Cubarama. The name makes me laugh-I know-I need to grow up. So my friend Amy and I took the boys for an afternoon of manliness.
Ty is there in the red hat-these are rubberband rifles. Totally cool! I want my dad to make them for Christmas gifts.
 Rope Tying
 Little sailboats. They raced them by blowing on the sails. Fun!

 Fishing! And Ty caught his very first fish EVER! So exciting! Although I was totally stressed standing there while 8 yr olds cast their lines. I almost lost an eye a time or two.
 I didn't say it was big. It's hanging there on the line. :)
 Archery-my personal fav. I loved doing this in P.E. class in Alabama. He has a great shot-just like his mom and dad. For reals!
 Come on-look at that form!
 We ended the day w/ the classic tug-of-war. The boys loved it and even earned a badge!

1 comment:

Dalene said...

Even though I don't comment hardly ever, I still love reading the updates on your family. The boys are getting so big and Eliza is such a cutie! You do so many cute and fun things with your kids - you're an awesome mom! Hope you all are doing well!