Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Birthday Festivities

We started celebrating Eliza's 2nd birthday a few days early.
Grandma Joellen came on Saturday bearing gifts. Eliza had a blast ripping the paper. Grandma gave her these darling Melissa & Doug pizza and birthday cakes.
 I just like how Eliza's hair looks pulled back!
 She was such a big girl carrying her gifts to daddy.

 Since Phil had Monday off for President's Day we decided to do a small party with Meyerson's b/c we knew he'd work late on her actual birthday. I searched ebay for weeks for vintage fisher price stuff. Here is the beloved houseboat. My grandparents had this when I was little and I just loved it.
 I also got some furniture to fill up the house I found at a thrift store in Alabama. Also in Bama my sisters found this darling western town at a flea market. My mom bought it and shipped it off as Eliza's gift from her. Thanks Dunlop's!
 Lucy being a cheeser. That's actually what she was saying.
 Meyerson's gave Eliza some dress-ups. She doesn't appear to be liking this crown so much.
 My kids just love vintage fisher price!
 She loves the dress-up high heels.
 Lucy cheering us all on!
 her expression kills me
 Delicious angel food cupcakes. I'm still dreaming of them...
 Getting ready to blow out her candle. All I had was an 8. woops!
 She was very nervous by the fire and her little blows were so tiny. She eventually did it though!
 She studied her cupcake a good while.
 Then she dug in. As did Lucy there in the background!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

my mom has all our Fisher Price still. Cooper played with it all in December and loved it. The stash includes the Fire Station, the Car Garage, the house, and the schoolhouse. Good finds!

Sherwoods said...

Happy Birthday Liza loo! I love all the fisher price stuff and those girlies are adorable! The cupcakes might have been delicious as well. Thanks for saving me one!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Looks like a super fun day!!!