Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hope for a better New Years

I don't really have much to complain about 2010. Phil's job is going great-he HAS a job! Our kids are healthy, we have a house w/ heat, my kids are happy, we have the gospel. My only thing I'd like to change is my Dad's cancer. We just found out this week that his PSA levels have doubled and they're talking about the next course of treatment. My hope for 2011 is that my family, namely my parents, will have the courage to deal with this. That we can make it through and come out stronger. My little sister blogged about it and said exactly what I'm feeling. I'm tired of this adversity. But I know I'm not above it either. I just don't like it anymore. So I'll just continue to pray for him and know in my heart that there is a plan and I just don't know what it is-and I have to learn to accept this.

1 comment:

Sara B. said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Cyd. I will keep your Dad and family in my prayers. I'm so glad that you have such a big, close family...I'm sure you're all leaning on each other and supporting one another during this tough time! XO.