Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween!

The kids always highly anticipate the trip the farm to get pumpkins. This year our go-to farm was charging admission just to get into the farm and go to the field! Yikes! So we cheaped out and grabbed a pre-picked pumpkin and drank cider and ate their homemade cider doughnuts near the entrance. The kids still had a blast!Eliza played w/ this pumpkin stem for a good 10 minutes.
Here she is checking out the chickens. I love this picture-especially b/c I have no clue who this boy is!

Munching away.
Phil and Chase in deep conversation.
Later that weekend came the carving. It was gorgeous out so we got to leave all the mess on the deck. heaven for a person like me!
So several people I know are having problems w/ squirrels eating their pumpkins. So we had fun throwing all the innards onto the grass. As well as carved up chunks from the pumpkins. Well, apparently the squirrels in my hood don't care for it. So it's now just lying in the grass. Gross and dang.
Please note the gloves. Those were interesting to clean.
Post-church kids enjoying our pumpkins. Don't they look haggard?!?!?
At our ward "trunk-or-treat" Chase always gets into character.
Tyler as Luke Skywalker. I made his costume and feel pretty proud. I'm usually better at "girly" costumes!
Eliza/Dorothy with our babysitter Lizzy
Lucy at our house sunday night celebrating Phil's birthday. We ate a large dinner and stuffed ourselves silly!
Another shot at Luke
Eliza was very busy with her basket. She wanted to put everything into it.
My 3 kids in their homemade costumes. I'm not sure we'll do this every year-but it was fun to do b/c we all got into it together!
In case you wondered what Chase's angry face is-here it is folks.
Later that night we headed to the Meyerson's neighborhood for trick-or-treating. Phil tried on their foster baby's costume. So greek of him.
Chase using "the force" on Travis.
All the kiddies. This was the closest shot we had of all of them looking at the camera!
Dorothy chasing Dumbo. I just love this picture.
After the trick-or-treating. They look pooped!
Ty trying on Travis' moustache. Gross!
And yet somehow it looks right on Chase. What's with that?
Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

the meyersons said...

Dude, Chase kills me. Please look at the last picture of Chase and see the girls in the background just yappin away.

Los Shafer said...

Where the heck did Travis get the "Hot Rod" mustache?

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

First of all...let me start off by telling my favorite brother-in-law Happy Birthday! I had great intentions of calling and singing and all that good stuff! Mind if I save it for next year? Or I could just say it now and be super early!! Happy Birthday Freek!

Love all the pumpkins, costumes and mustache sharing! Very cool!

Kellie said...

OMG Eliza looks freaking adorable as Dorothy!