Thursday, October 28, 2010

Summer Family Trip #2 - PORTLAND, OR

We flew to my sisters house in gorgeous Portland and spent a week camping and boating at Billy Chinook. We had a blast!!! Here we are at our layover. It was waaaay too long, but we kept busy! Before the camping trip we got babysitters and just the adults went to dinner on the Willamette River. Here is Jackie and Doug enjoying the wind blowing through their hair.
We found out just how gangster Doug was.

2 cheesy sisters

Beautiful sunset
Cyd Phil Jackie Doug

3 sisters
Our hosts, the Wolfes. Thanks Ben and Stacey!!
Billy Chinook was about 4 hours from my sisters house and we drove right up Mt. Hood. We took a quick detour to the Timberline Lodge. Gorgeous! And I love how we were hot and sweaty and people were in full ski attire skiing the mountain! Gotta love the west!

Our campsite was pretty big and we had a motor home, 4 tents and a trailer. And my 6 year old wearing depends diapers. Thanks to the Mortensen's for briging them for us. Charming.

Shortly after we got there Eliza colored marker all over her body. It stayed almost the whole week. Niiice.
Oh, and stuck stickers all over her body. I hope she doesn't want a tatoo soon.

The wolfes boat - aka "white trash"
My darling girl. Ready to roll.
The boys w/ Aunt Stacey. We spent most of the week trading off on these awesome tubes. We had several kids and adults crash and burn. Good times!
Gaining speed. by the end of the week the kids had no fear.
Phil w/ the boys
Cyd Chase and Jeff. And no I did not pee THAT time.
Doug wearing pink panties on his head that he rescued from drowning. My hero.
Ty Chase Luke-some of the cutest boys ever.
billy chinook is called a mini lake powell. it was so beautiful. we hung out at the bottom of that waterfall and even hiked up to it. it was awesome! Oh, and that white square is a floating bathroom. How green of them!

Danny and Ty hanging out. Ty wearing Phil's Eagles bandana. Weird.
Phil knee boarding his first time. He made if over the wake!
Cyd doing the same-it's been years since i've been on one of these puppies and i was just glad i was able to get up and velcro the strap!
Jackie and Addy
Phil's 1/2 the man he used to be.
We all enjoyed watching the tubers. Very entertaining.
Chase "driving" the boat while Luke assists.

Getting some air. This isn't nearly as high as we all went. It was madness I tell you!

Doug w/ I believe one of the sister mountains in the background. gorgeous! the mountain, not you doug.
Rylee on the ski trainer. My boys tried and just couldn't get it. That's how I learned to ski when I was a kiddie!
Yea-we're pretty hot I know
Eliza just hanging out
Phil trying out wake surfing. Very cool.
Trying some tandem tubing. They smashed into each other and there some injuries, but all in all it was fun!
So I failed to mention that my either sister and husband drove about 18 million hours from Denver so we could have 2 boats. Meet "redneck." It was great having 2 boats out there together.
A little of camp life. Just making some breakfast. Using about 20 dozen eggs to do so.
The boys hanging by the fire. I believe all boys are pyros by nature.
Ben and Mollkins.
The whole crew. have I mentioned how short I am? Daaang.
Reagan in her rain boots. Fashionable even while camping.
Luke and Chase hamming it up.
Eating some breakfast. We ate better meals on this trip than we do at home. No kidding.

One of the boats at teh boat slip was vandalized and sunk overnight! It was only a few boats from both my sisters' boats and it freaked out the kids. Luckily we found out it was a business associate of the owner and not some random recklessness. Back off redneck and whitetrash baby!
Chase and Eliza hung out on this wagon forever. I love the simplicity of camping!
This is how we bathed the babes.
Stacey very naturally handing the food to Jackie. Way to act casual.
Rylee and Cyd
Back on the lake. here are 4 sisters. Having fun laughing. Then the driver, whose name suddenly escapes me, got violent and we crashed HARD. And jackie flew off and in my opinion nearly drowned. But we all got back on the tubes like idiots!
One night the kids were pooped and so they enjoyed a movie on a tiny screen while we made dinner. They were happy as can be!
The 4 little girls in matching jammies. Is there anything cuter?
All the kids. Sunburned and happy.
Glowstick fun. It was so dark w/ streaks of color and giggling.
View from the waterfall. So peaceful.
Phil taking a turn driving. He's a natural. I'm boosting his confidence so he'll buy us a boat one day.
Jess holding a sleepy Eliza.
Chase looks like the captain of this ship. I love it.
On the drive back the 3 boys had to pee. So we pulled over and this shot just cracked me up! Boys take it for granted how easy it is for them.

And that's the un-abbreviated version of our trip. We had a blast-thanks to everyone that came and provided boats and cars and etc etc etc!!!

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Sweet! I hadn't seen a lot of these pictures. Giddy up.

Beth said...

you Dunlops know how to party! How fun! Was it totally stressful camping with all those kids?

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LizzyP said...

Family water-ski fun at its finest. Looking at all these photos made me miss the west. How fun to spend such great days with your favorite people.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Sweet pics! I haven't seen any of the date night or jammie pics! Cute!! I love the "half pic" of Phil. Nice timing! And just for the record, we're red necks and the Morties are white trash. It's all in the family though!

You've had quite the blogging frenzy!