Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Kids are just honest


Phil is training for a triathlon in July so he's been biking every morning. I didn't know this until he got into biking, but there are special shoes you wear that clip into the pedals so that when you're racing there is less resistance (or something like that). So when you stop, if you don't get your shoe unclipped you'll just fall over. So Phil's done it a few times and I saw it once and died laughing b/c it was on a busy street w/ people watching. Plus if you're not into biking you just think that the biker is a complete moron just falling down while not moving...so anyway. Phil just told me he fell this morning in our driveway b/c his shoe was stuck and I asked him if he'd told the boys. And yes he did-and dear sweet Tyler's reaction was "gee-sounds like SOMEBODY needs training wheels."
It really doesn't get better than that.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Ha! How embarrassing.

Do you think anyone else in the triathlon will be using training wheels?

Beth said...

Looks like your boys have your great sense of humor. I'd die laughing if I saw a video of that. PS. My girls did extra chores to "earn" the privlage of watching the music video you posted. Very funny.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

We call those toe traps at our house. I hate them. I don't mind on the stationary spin bike, because I can't fall over on it. :)

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

The pic isn't showing and I am dying right now! Must see...

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Tyler! You are a stud!