Thursday, May 28, 2009

Keep the change...

I am not the type of person to pick a penny up off the ground, but a quarter-yes. And maybe even a dime. Is a dime really chump change? B/c at Dunkin Doughnuts it must be. I just went through the drive through and my total came to $1.90. I gave him $2.00 and he just sat and stared at me and said , "you're good." And so I just looked at him weird and he said, "oh, do you want the dime?" like it was just a penny. Am I so ridiculously cheap that I wanted my dime? He made me feel dumb for wanting it, but come on!!!

10 comments:

Jackie said...

If that's cheap, then I'm a cheapskate too!

the meyersons said...

I'd want the penny.

Plain and simple.

Sherwoods said...

Nope, NOT dumb. Money is money, however you look at it.

Sara B. said...

I'm with everyone else...you're not dumb. It's your dime. Not his.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

What??? This kid must use debit cards for everything or something. A dime is like 10 cents and that's like 10 pennies for pete sakes (in case you didn't know). Wow...I would totally want the dime back - what a smuck!

Meagan said...

I would have to agree, I would want the dime back too. Eliza is so cute. And Lucy is way cute too.

Unknown said...

I stand in solidarity with you, my friend.

Stacey said...

Its a dunkin donuts thing. Their tellers at the drive thru always rob you of money...whether its in NJ or MD. I used to get 2 donuts and a large hot chocolate and depending who was on the window, I would get quoted various amounts. Thats how they tip themselves.

Dalene said...

I can't spare a dime, either, sista!

Emy W. said...

Dude, if he did that to everyone who came through in a day, he'd probably have several dollars a day. No, you're not cheap for wanting your dime!