Thursday, January 8, 2009

ALL BY MYSELF

I'm singing that song in my head, but not sad and sappy. Happy and thankful. Today I had a doctors appt. and so I left the boys w/ my sister. She so kindly offered to let me run some errands afterwards and she'd keep the boys until about 2. So I bought a bunch of stuff we needed for the baby and then I-Cydney Barno- went out to lunch all by myself. Alone. Nobody else but me. I went to Panera and got a soup and sandwich and listened to my ipod. Alone-did I mention that? It was just really nice and relaxing and I'm so happy for these opportunities-as rare as they are. So thanks again Jenn. I'm set for another 5 years-which is probably when I'll do that again!

7 comments:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

What??? That is awesome! Eat lunch alone and listen to music is like a dream for me. What was it like? You didn't have backwash in your drink or half your sandwich eaten by someone else? Wow-that is the best gift EVER!

Jackie said...

Do you think anyone saw you and felt sorry for you because you were sitting by yourself?

Little did they know you were in paradise...

Beth said...

When I was about a week away from having Gavin I woke up at 6:30am and was starving. So I got dressed and told Randy I was off to I-HOP for breakfast. It was the best! (besides the lovers next to me saying how amazing last night was!) You have to enjoy your solitute especially before having a baby because you're not "Alone" for even a minute for far too long. What a great Sister!

Kristin said...

Dreamy, just dreamy...

CYD said...

I don't think people felt sorry for me. It was lunchtime and there were lots of loners b/c of people eating lunch during work. I did probably look weird being huge pregnant stuffing my face however. One of the workers was really sweet and even came and collected my dishes.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

I bet your lunch was still warm when you ate it too. My favorite line from Christmas Story is at the dinner table when Ralphy says, "My mother hasn't had a warm meal in 16 years . . ." so true, so true, so true!!! I'm glad you had a moment before the nursing days begin again. Thanks Jenn!! You are very thoughtful!

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

and to Jackie's comment, when you are huge pregnant, you are so numb to what others think of you. Who cares, YOU ARE ALONE!!!!