Sunday, September 14, 2008

You Might Be My Sibling If...

My girlfriend Amy did this ther other day and it was so fun to read I thought I'd copy it!

1. You know who Tom T. Hall is.
2. You despise Beagles (even if they are just a Huntin' Dog).
3. You still eat cheese w/ jam on it after church.
4. You add soda to your kids' milk-to be healthy.
5. You have poo-poo undies.
6. You cautiously eat peanut butter cups for fear of seeing maggots.
7. You've driven cross-country more times than you can count.
8. You've attended either 3 ele., middle or highschools.
9. You only eat those circus peanut candies b/c they look good, not taste good.
10. It's normal to do everything in age order.
11. You know which sister is funny, cute and popular.
12. If you wear dirty, black underwear-then you know what to do!
13. You know Ruby Begonia. Does she ring a bell?
14. You learned to waterski on quite the creation.
15. You learned to waterski b/c you were afraid of Grandpa.
16. You miss the laundry chute, but would rather it didn't connect from hall to bath.
17. You've had braces, headgears, etc. and had your Dad hang something from them.
18. You've literally shopped til you dropped.
19. You've called highway patrol (before cell phones) b/c you've lost your family for days.
20. You've played dress-ups for HOURS.
21. Your entire childhood consisted of Barbies, Legos and playrooms.
22. You've watched Young Frankenstein as a rite of passage to teenagerhood w/ dad.
23. You've had mom take a first day of school pic til the day you graduated.
24. You believed in Santa Claus & Easter Bunny waaaaay too long.
25. It's important you keep traditions alive.
26. If the song "Put your head on my shoulder" makes you laugh.

8 comments:

the meyersons said...

Waaaaaaait. What do you mean you "believe" in Santa and the East Bunny way too long? Did something happen to them?

I love this list. I love this list. I love this list.

I'd add a few things.

Nurse Shoes
The noise you make when you pass people that looks like aliens. (we were kids, and we were mean)
Centerville Rosebud is more than just a street.

Unknown said...

LOL on #15!!! Why were you scared of your grandpa? And poo poo undies? WTH is that? Actually, I'm not sure I WANT to know.

Thanks, that was fun. Even though I don't know what most of it is. But that's part of the fun, right?

CYD said...

Let's just say my Grandpa took skiing VERY seriously. He had a no quit attitude which frankly was terrifying. The whole poo poo undies/dirty black underwear is what my dad used to say to us to make us laugh when we were sad/angry/scared.

Jackie said...

HA!!!!!!!

This

is

amazing.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

I'm killin' myself with laughter! What a great list! I feel your pain sister, I feel your pain!

Rise n' shine sista, rise n' shine!
Shirley Adeline
Is it time for the horse trailer?
Tent Twailor
Cat ear cleaning?
Pink Fluff
Monkey Bread
Home Alone
and all of us takin' turns breaking one of Jackie's bones. Poor kid!

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

You know what Grandma's keys feel like when she hands them over.

Ice cream at Cornell Estates (aka bribery)

What do we say when we are smiling for a picture? "Pepsi"

We are all proud to say we have our own "Private Stock".

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

The laundry shoot is HILARIOUS!!! I should ask the Dunhams if they have problems with that?

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Oh
My
GOSH!!!!

I am actually tearing up from this because it's awesome and I miss being a kid at home with my family! What a freakin HOOT!!!

Here are a few more that must make the list:

CHARLIEEEEE
making our own commercials
"what's that black spot on the wall"
Dad saying, "what's that sound"?
Mom saying, "what would Jesus do"?
sitting on the roof outside your room until we saw mom and dad driving up the street (sorry mom)
singing EVERYTHING!
Saftey Kids!