Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I have officially hit rock bottom...



Let me start this by saying that my parents are hair snobs. They only go to uppity hair salons. As a teen I wasn't allowed to color my hair or cut it w/out my dad's permission. So forgive me if some of that has rubbed off on me. In an effort to save some money however, I figured that since I was only getting a trim that I would go to Supercuts. In my childhood home, this is a swear word. And I have to say, I'm not totally against it (obviously since I went) but I do believe you get what you pay for. I've never had a good cut from these Choppers, and so it was with great hesitation I entered the "salon." Firstly, the woman had unnatural orange hair that greeted me at the door. Then the woman came along to trim my hair and she had really really long bright flourescent pink nails. I was afraid. But getting into conversation only made it worse. I wish I had it on video b/c I coudln't stop laughing (on the inside of course.) People, she used to be a TRUCK DRIVER!! My hair was being cut by an ex-truck driver. Not that there's anything wrong w/ being a driver, but man what a career change! And she's on her 3rd husband, she came home last night to blood all over the kitchen floor. Thank goodness it was just her 180 pound dogs tumor that cracked! Yikes! (you know how I just adore dogs in teh house) She watched that new movie Bucket List that is still in theaters at home last night. I asked her how that was possible. She smiled and said her husband "knows people." The other woman by the way through all this is sitting next to us reading the comics (which I didn't know adults did) and she's laughing at them and reading them to us ethe whole time. They aren't funny. She read family circus to me! They are so stupid and I had to courtesy laugh.
Well, the strangeness continued but I won't bore you any longer. And I'm afraid that I have to go again b/c I want to know more about this woman who went to the dentist last night for the first time in years. The dentist told her she needed a TON of work and she said since she doesn't have insurance that it would take years to fix. Then she went on about hating dentists and what a rip off it is, etc. I didn't mention my bro-in-law is a dentist and my other one is about to start Dental School.
So, if you see me and my hair looks like crap you'll know why!!!

15 comments:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

No seriously...I just wet my pants! Seriously! I can totally see this scene playing out like a lifetime channel movie and I am dying here!

One question...did you tip or give a tip on your way out?

the meyersons said...

My mom was a truck driver and then became a stylist. That hurts.

spyderette said...

awesome! at least you were entertained, and cheaply at that! i go to a hoity toity salon and sit in silence. apparently i'm not cool enough for idle chit chat with my hip young stylist. and she totally butchered my hair last time. i've been going to her for nearly a year and it's like she forgot everything about how she's been cutting it. maybe it's her way of subtly getting rid of me. it worked, i'm so on the lookout for a new stylist!

Sherwoods said...

That is hilarious! Wow, what a story. I gotta tell ya...I am all about Fantastic Sams by walmart. Not the greatest cut, but one of the cheapest! I wish I would have known this last night...I could have checked out your trucker haircut!

Jackie said...

So are mom and dad way disappointed in you? :)

Maybe they'll treat you like they did me--taking me to the hair salon early on the morning of my first day home from my mission. Apparently my Fantastic Sam's quality hair cut I had gotten a few weeks earlier was not up to par. :)

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love the part about having to give a courtesy laugh. I can totally picture your face!

CYD said...

WHO IS POSTING AND THEN DELETING?!?!??!! Be a man and tell me what you have to say! :)

Unknown said...

One of them was me. I made a spelling error and wrote "party" instead of "part." You are so OCD! BTW, my abs hurt from laughing at your comments on my blog. I responded to your comment about Ethan doing laundry...

Finn said...

We all try to save money and go the cheaper way on things but sometimes your paying a whole lot more then you really think.

ex-truckers + hair stylist= BAD IDEA!


Oh, my back is fine. I took some of Tyler's old muscle relaxer medication and I'm in heaven. I hope you guys had a fun sewing night. Sorry I couldn't make it.

Jackie said...

One of the deletions was me too--my comment showed up twice. But I'll leave it in the future so you know I'm really repetitive. And annoying.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Very good Cyd, very good. I know we all pick and choose what counsel to follow as we mature, but did you really question the hair advice?

Did you ask her if she had been to the West Greenwich truck stop at Exit 6, the only truck stop in RI?

I want to see a pic of your hair. How did you fair?

Anonymous said...

You and your sisters are too funny!! I just laugh reading each of your blogs and then the comments. I wish we all lived closer so we could see each other atleast once in a while!
Kim (your cousin)

Anonymous said...

Just so you know Cydney, I've been going to "Sports Cuts" in Hoover, Al., because I don't know where else to go. True to tradition, they haven't been good cuts and the last one was a hatchet job. It will take months to grow out. Poor baby me. I should listen to myself.......