Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

After a 2007 of extreme ups and downs I am ready for a fresh year full of more learning and growing experiences (I just hope there just aren't as many flipping funerals in order for me to grow!!!!) But really last night Phil and I went through each month and named the highlights (postive and negative) and we realized that although this has truly been the most difficult year of my life, we also are completely blessed. We love our life and are thankful for all that we've been given, including our adorable kids. They can drive us nuts, but for the most part they have us laughing and looking at life w/ a different perspective. WE're also lucky to have family close by and good friends to hang with. And of course we're lucky to have such a wonderful church in our life.

Last night we had my sister's family and another family, the Sherwoods, come over to play some serious guitar hero and late night pictionary. (I have to mention Rachael and Joe who couldn't make it b/c Joe ate something nasty-missed ya!) It was really fun and the kids all behaved perfectly. Oh, and I ate myself silly. Which leads me to resolutions-eat better. HA HA!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!





3 comments:

Jackie said...

Rockin' party! I love the family room decor too--looks great.

Sherwoods said...

We had a blast! Thanks for having us.

Becca said...

Looks like great fun...I'll have to check with my mail man. I guess my invitation is in the mailbox.