Monday, November 12, 2007

Just another day at the Museum

Tyler has been obsessed with the movie The Night at the Museum. My niece Lexi has also joined the obsession. So when we told them we were taking them into New York to the Museum of Natural History they both freaked. Strangely Ty's main concern was seeing Atilla the Hun. I wasn't sure he was there, but I figured we could wing it.
So after a rough start (forgot the stroller, didn't have enough cash to pay for train ticket so we hopped off at the next station to buy tickets, got split up from Jenny and Trav, etc.) we made it into NYC. Chase's first and really he didn't care.

This is how the boys were on the train the whole time. Hyper!!

Why is it that Trav and I end up looking like a couple?!?!? Phil is there to the left of me I swear!

Walking up to the museum was so fun. It is just like in the movie! The kids were really impressed...ok, and so was I.


Central Park is across the street & so we ate our sack lunches there. When you go into the city you have to be thrifty when you can! Our 3 sodas were $9!!

I was disappointed that the inside of the museum wasn't JUST LIKE THE MOVIE but it was still pretty sweet.

Tyler and Lexi's beloved "Rexi." In the movie he's just like a dog fetching a bone. It is amazing seeing how tall these dinos were. Freaky!!

We didn't see the Easter Island "Dum dum give me gum gum" but it was there somewhere. This museum is massive so we'll have to go again sometime. And we didn't see Atilla so when I saw a guy w/ a beard in the Asian People section I just told them it was him. He was wearing a silk robe situation, so I told them it was him in his PJ's. YOU don't know that's not what he wore to bed!!

6 comments:

Kellie said...

how cool was your day-trip! That is awesome you took them to the museum, I am sure they thought that day was the best.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Nice! I love that you told the kids Atilla wore jammies ~ your right...we just don't know what they wore to bed!

You be funny my sista!

Sherwoods said...

Can I please tell you that you absolutely crack me up? Sounds like you guys had tons of fun!

Jackie said...

Very cool!!

So does Ben Stiller really work there? If so, I hope you told him that he was hilarious in Zoolander, because he was.

CYD said...

It was so incredibly packed w/out Ben Stiller working there. If he was there we'd been packed in there like sardines!

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

He slept nude. You know it. I know it. Ty and Lex don't know it, but they will one day. Just like SC, TF and swolling gum.

Sounds like a great day trip!! I'm jealous! Can't wait to do fun stuff with you soon.