Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Will this humidity EVER go away?!?!?

It is so nasty out I could scream. It's really hot too, almost 100 degrees, but it's that sick feeling of going out and feeling wet in your clothes that's really getting to me. My parents dropped in on Saturday on their drive down to Alabama. We all enjoyed a delicious meal at Moe's and then came back to our house for Lemon Curd Pie. Just reading that will make Phil and Travis salivate. Luckily it cooled a bit for our visit to Phil's parents on Sunday. We went for lunch, an EXTREMELY quick game of kickball, dinner and dessert. It was a nice visit w/ them b/c his mom was in North Carolina for a month and hadn't seen the kiddos. She brought them back really cute tees.
A family at our church is hosting a cute little Kids Camp a few days in the next 2 weeks and Ty went on Monday and loved it. Her 2 older boys are doing it and they did games, crafts, a relay race and had lunch. He thought it was just the coolest thing. Tomorrow he goes and he's supposed to bring a costume for a play. Apparently he wants to be a frog.
Lately Chasey has been driving us insane w/ his daredevil antics. He's totally dead opposite of our little cautious Tyler. He gets up on the table and runs around in circles on it, almost jumped to his death off a large piece of playground equipment and really the list could just go on. It's not a matter of if he'll get a new bruise each day, it's how many. Yesterday he messed his toe up and tracked blood all over the place! Freak!
This is what you'll find Chase doing most of the day. Tearing around the house on his firetruck. He's really quite fast!

So anywho, not much going on this week. I created a hobby space in the basement and I'm very happy. That's just a cooler way of saying a craft area. But it's organized and I'm pleased.

3 comments:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Your so hip with your "hobby" room! Sounds like the kids are having a blast this summer. Nothing like a daredevil child to keep you on your toes for the summer eh?

Jackie said...

Chasey looks so grown up! Especially driving a firetruck.

High fives on the craft, uh I mean "hobby," area. I have a stack of stuff in our front room, and frankly it's not very pretty.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

I have a craft/hobby loft. It's very scary right now. I'm waiting a desk and closet organizer that keeps being put on the back burner. It's not as important to Ben as it is to me.

Love the fire engine. Little scooter!!

I'm salivating over Lemon Curd Pie. Did you make it? If so, I want the recipe! Yum!!