Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby Jake!

Don't the little yellow ear muffs kill you? I thought they were so cute!!

Today a year ago a little miracle was born and man I can't believe it's been ONLY a year!! I keep thinking of how I was feeling today a year ago and it was such a mix of emotions. I was totally freaking out and nervous of how the birth would go, but excited to meet my little nephew. It was such a LOOOONG day, sitting at HUP anxiously anticipating Travis' call that Jake was here. Mom, the kids and I were strolling around the campus of UPENN when Trav called and said it was go time. I remember the panic and excitement I felt rushing back to the hospital hoping and praying that everything would just be all right. Then he was here!! It wasn't easy to keep him stable, but they did and that little stinker was taken to his new home next door at CHOP. It wasn't for several hours later that we got to see him. Just looking at him I just couldn't believe all that was required to keep him alive. He was so adorable w/ that full head of hair. I was so thankful for him and so happy to have him here. Jenny and Trav were so excited and exhausted and proud of their little man.

It's weird to think that every birthday I will think of him as baby Jake, that he'll never grow up. But that six months with him was so special to me personally. This day will always be a day that I look fondly back upon. I hadn't ever witnessed a miracle until Aug. 21, 2006. I am so grateful to have been a small part of that day.



Today my mom is in town and Jenny wants to do somehting fun. We were thinking the beach, but this crazy rain has decided that for us. We're hoping to do a museum or something in NJ. If any of you have a chance to leave a comment on the Meyerson's blog it'd sure cheer them up!



Happy Birthday Jakers! Love ya tons, Aunt Cyd

3 comments:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Good Job Aunt Cyd...

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

You are an ANGEL!!! Thank you for being there for them. What an awesome example of love and compassion. You are my hero!

Kristin said...

You are the best. I know that all of this has been so hard on you, but you have been so strong and supportive. I know baby Jake is happy to know that his awesome Aunt Cyd is taking care of his family.