Thursday, February 2, 2012

Our Humble Son

I always feel dorky doing a facebook post and then blogging the same thing, but this funny is enough it had to go into our blog/journal.

Last night on the way home from scouts Phil asked Tyler if there was any problem w/ bullying in his class. (Chase is having a problem w/ a kid bullying him. more on that in a sec.) So Tyler in his confident almost too confident voice says, "Only if bullying is making all of the girls in the class laugh." He kills me. Also tonight he asked if it's okay to have a crush on a girl that's twice his age. Don't know any 16 yr old girls but the ones in our church so I'll have to keep an eye on that!!! :)

Now to Chase. This kid Tyler in his class has been messing with him for too long. Like pushing and punching my son! Like he cries to go to school b/c he doesn't want this kid bugging him. So today I'd had it. I told him if he comes near him again to push him as hard as he can and tell him to stop. And if he came at him again he could punch him in the stomach. Sometimes your son just has to defend himself and show the bully that he's a force to be reckoned with. B/c honestly Chase is! I have no clue why it's gone on this long. Chase can practically kick my heiny when we wrestle! So today he did it. And he said the kid just stared at him in disbelief. We'll see if I get a call from a parent, but for now I'm satisfied. I think that if you teach a bully in kindergarten that he can push you around, he'll do forever. I'm sure most will disagree-but tonight Chase went to sleep with a huge grin on his face. Seriously.

3 comments:

spyderette said...

go chasey! i'm so glad you empowered him by giving him permission to shove that rotten kid. :) and ty just cracks me up. miss you guys!

i'm jackie. he's doug. said...

Oh my gosh... that bully thing is infuriating!!! I'm so glad he stood up to him today. Please keep me posted so I know whether or not to come up there myself and scream at a Kindergartener.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Um yes! We had a similar problem with Jeff all the way into 5th grade. We also gave him permission to do whatever he needed to do to get his "point" across. Well, I got a call from the principal the very next day. He knew of the "bully" and had dealt with him many times before, but was surprised to hear that Jeff had slammed him to the ground and slugged him "Christmas Story" style in the stomach multiple times. I admitted I gave him permission to stand his ground. The principal commended me for stopping the bully, but also had to punish Jeff for "hitting". Tristan was suspended and Jeff missed lunch recess. Justice was served as far as I was concerned.

Good job Chase. Show him whose boss!