Monday, January 23, 2012

Surviving more sick days!

We have had our fair share of sickness in this house. I seem to have a cold weekly, and last week was, well, hell. Me and all 3 kids had strep throat. The sick stomach, sore throat, hacking cough kind. We were all miserable! Since the kids missed school most of the week and I was a grouch we got creative in keeping busy. Eliza spent some quality time in the broom closet. She calls it her jail and will sit and drink a sippy cup and hang out for 10 min. stretches. ha!

Dried split peas make for good construction vehicle play. Man it was a mess-but worth the quiet time! Plus the vacuum sucks it right up.
Little sick rosey cheeks.
The boys had a battle like no other. They're dressed for school b/c I kept thinking they felt better and sent them to school only to have them come home a few mins (literally) or hours later. I wasn't using good judgement at all b/c I wasn't feeling well and wanted to sleep all day. Woops!
Chase came to me one day and said he wanted to make a pirate ship from a banana. Go for it dude. It was really cute. Ty in the background? Not so much.
He insisted I take a pic of the jolly roger he drew. Cute!

No comments: