Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"Mom always said-don't play ball in the house!"

I always think of Carol Brady telling her kids that on the Brady Bunch when I tell the boys to stop throwing the flipping football in the family room. And by boys-I mean Phil AND the boys. I tell them they're going to hit the lights, the t.v. or me. So tonight I was sitting on the couch minding my own business when Phil and the kids started throwing that dang football around. I was trying to ignore it even though they were being loud and obnoxious and falling all over me. When I was about to lose it Chase throws a pass to Phil, hits the light (breaking the light bulb) and it bounces over and hits me in the face. Done and done. (Unfortunately it missed Phil's precious t.v.) And as Phil said later, "only Chase could have done that."
Luckily it was bed time. Phil coming home at 7:30, I'm still feeling sick and then this. I was DONE-ZO!!!
Coming from a family of 5 girls did not prepare me for this madness.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I bet Phil's just glad it was Chase and not him. He'd be up against some serious wrath.

Best of luck with all those boys... they are still a mystery to me.

Beth said...

That reminds me of Gavin our first boy during sacrament meeting hucked his pacifer 5 rows behind us. I was so embarrassed and Randy says, "Wow, he's got an arm!" with a great big grin!

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Whew! You did some serious blogging girl! It's so fun to see what y'all are up to.

Love the nativity idea! Cute!

I'm screaming don't bounce the ball in the house 50 times a day and then hear myself saying "I sound like a broken record". And yes, Ben is bouncing it just as much as the kids. It's bball season.

Some serious cute kiddos!