Monday, September 12, 2011

He won't be whistling Dixie for a while!

After a traumatic evening, Tyler officially has no front teeth. He sounds so funny and I love it. We got video of us pulling out his tooth, but since I don't feel like posting it I'll just list some things that were said during it.
"Wait-don't do it! I'm not a big boy. I'm a baby! Goo goo ga ga. A little baby girl!!!"
"I'm not a man, I'm a woman! I'm a scared woman!"
"Save me, save me! Call 911" (our windows were open)
"Calm down, my dad did this to me every time and I'm not emotionally scarred from it!" (I was now sitting on Tyler and holding the camera. My shining parent moment.)
"Phil, just freaking do it already!"
"I can't do this to him!!You do it"
"I can't-it freaks me out!"
And then suddenly he was calm, opened his mouth and Phil ripped it out. He then said, "why didn't you do that earlier? It didn't even hurt!"
Being a parent is so ridiculous sometimes.

7 comments:

Jackie said...

I dread doing that one day. Sick o rick!

Stacey said...

I don't think you are really supposed to pull the teeth out. You might want to consult with the dentists in your family, but ours told us not to do anything. Kyle's are just starting to get loose.

Have you ever tried tying string around the tooth and then tying the other side to a doorknob? That's what my Dad did to me for one tooth and I was so scared, everytime he slammed the front door I ran with it so I wouldn't feel pain. It finally came out on its own.

Sara B. said...

He looks great. I agree...its just so cute!!! Emily and him match. She lost them in a row...one on a thurs and one on a fri. It's very good it happened quickly b/c after the 1st one came out, the 2nd one became a middle tooth and she looked like white trash for a day!!!

Sherwoods said...

I think I may need to see this video. Please do a follow up post!

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Stacey W. here. We pull them out all the time. Hannah lost one last week. It was barely loose in the morning and out in the evening. We don't mess around. The kids enjoy it more than Ben. Kinda routine for him.

Love the grin. I hope you can hang in there long enough to sing, "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth". Good job woman!

Beth said...

Great parenting moment,made me laugh. I'm grossed out by pulling teeth out too, I don't know why. I love how he was trying to prove how not brave he is... You have the cutest kids.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

I just peed my pants!

I loathe pulling teeth! Freaks me out! Lookin good Ty!