Monday, January 17, 2011

SNOW DAY

We have a great sledding hill right around the corner from our house. Before the "big storm" hit we headed over there unsure of what we'd find. This is how it looked on one side and we were disappointed.Man down!
But the further over we walked it was nice and snowy. And ICY. These kids were cruising down the hill. I may have bit it w/ my baby in tow and ran over the top of her and filled her mouth with snow. Not my shining moment as a mom.


But luckily I redeemed myself by having brought hot chocolate along.
This is how my weird son looked the whole time. You can't see-but his hat is full of snow to cool his head off. I can't see how we're related.
Chase is such a clever kid and finds the best hiding and resting spots.
Then came the STORM!!! And the kids had a snow day and I had to get creative so it wasn't boring. So naturally we did a tea party. Naturally it was hot chocolate. Or in Eliza's case water filled w/ peas (her own doing). Now both Eliza and I are girls so I think it's okay to make the boys do girly things, right? She plays trains and trucks and such. We had Zach over so his mom didn't go postal. We tried for Lexi-but she already had plans. Social butterfly she is.
Then they made bread dough creations. They enjoyed making them more than eating them. Mine was delicious-AND it wasn't made by a runny-nosed kid! We also did movie theater and had delicious cookies and treats. The day flew by and they weren't at all ready for school the next day, but oh well kiddos!

1 comment:

LizzyP said...

I love Ty's cute smile. You have three kids with perfect smiles, but I love Ty's best because I know how his voice sounds when he smiles like that and I know the kinds of things that make him giggle so that he smiles like that.