Saturday, January 22, 2011

Parents of the year...will not be rewarded to us

I'll try and keep this short. We put the kids to bed a little later than usual. So when Chase came down 20 mins. later naked we were annoyed. He'd had an "accident" in his pull-up and so I told him to get a new one and GO TO BED! So he says "there's one tiny problem. Ty is stuck." Well, this is not that unusual around here. They joke around and say they're stuck, lost, etc. Yea-really funny. So we told Chase to go to bed-whatever Ty is doing he can get out of it. So for the next 1 1/2 hours I was downstairs watching t.v. and could hear Ty talking but assumed he was reading out loud b/c that's what he's USUALLY DOING! So like I said 1 1/2 hours later I yell up and ask why he's still awake. And yells back..."I'm stuck!" So Phil and I look at each other perplexed and book it upstairs. And sure enough he is freaking stuck. My 7 yr. old has tied himself w/ his PJ shirt around his waist to the footboard of his bed. So he's been there for 1 1/2 freaking hours cold w/ no shirt on unable to lay down. His brother-his hero-is dead asleep on his bed next to him. He did say Chase gave him his pillow before he fell asleep-but Ty couldn't lay down so it was a bit useless. Ty is crying b/c you could just see the relief in his eyes that we were there, I'm crying b/c come on-I felt like crap! And Phil is totally confused and is asking him why the heck didn't you yell for us? Ask for help? Call 911-SOMETHING!!! His answer was that he didn't want to wake up his brother or sister and didn't want to get into trouble. The talking I heard was him saying "mom dad" in his normal voice. He said he was hoping we'd go to bed early so we could hear him as we came up the stairs.
I see alot of issues that need resolving here I guess. It reminds me of animals that are trained to never leave their pen-so when a fire starts they don't leave b/c they're trained not to leave.
We need to work on that. And give that award to someone else. Probably for the rest of our lives. As if we were EVER in the running!!!

6 comments:

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Hmmmmm . . . speechless. Join the team sista!

Jackie said...

?!?!

Why does one tie himself to his bed with his shirt? That's a question I need answered before I can ever start to judge the rest of you.

CYD said...

well, he said he was hot and he was tying his shirt to the footboard so he'd see it in the morning when he's usually cold. and some how tied himself up in this process. it's all very confusing at this point.

Sara B. said...

LOL. I think. Not sure what emotion to feel. Yea...speechless. No judging here, though. I was taken out of the mother of the year award running ages ago!!

Maria Olsen said...

That is amazing. We all have good days and bad days. Guess he learned his knots =)

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Um...I can't stop laughing...parents of the year! It happens to all of us! poor little toot!