Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A little Christmas down in Alabama

I think this picture is a good start. All the guys in camo ready to do paintball guns in the backyard woods. And Doug is showing that he was hit in the hand and that's blood, not paint, and he's pretty happy-even proud of it. Yes, this picture is a good start.Phil-pre-Wal-mart shopping for his own camouflage clothing. Alot of these guys are wearing women's b/c that was all that was available. I mean-why do women wear these?!?!?!


Jeff-you are so tough.
So here are the kids in the trailer. Did I not mention that yet? My parents had all of us there, so that's 27 people total, and while their home is large, it can't sleep that many. So they borrowed a trailer and we slept in it in the driveway. I didn't think it was that bad and the boys LOVED it. Losing heat on Christmas eve sucked, but other than that it was good. It was quiet and that's what I love!
My parents have a zip-line set up in teh backyard. Here's Noah flying by!
The 3 amigos ready to catch the next rider.
There goes Stacey and Jackie!
With that many people we spent alot of time in teh gym of my parents church. Here we are doing the nativity. Eliza was an angel-of course :)
Chase was-well maybe a Wiseman? But to me he's a Babushka. he even appears to be dancing as one!
Hannah and Rylee narrated-it was super cute. Then Eliza went up and joined them.
Jackie taking aim. So my favorite part was when we each had our husbands whizz by on the zipline while we shot at them w/ the paintball guns. I got Phil pretty badly directly on the nipple. It was swollen for days. I say lucky aim, he says ouch.
We had a "Talent-less Show." Here's Chase showing how long his tongue is.
Dad did some coin trick that Phil couldn't beat him at.
Ty did a magic card trick.
Of course Ben and Jessy did the classic high kick. I missed it b/c I was getting ready for my talent. You may have seen the video on my facebook. Jackie, me, Phil and Doug performed the song "sisters."

Afterwards we enjoyed a counter full of caramel corn. YUM!
This is Christmas Eve. We always do a white elephant game. It was really great.
Look how excited Chase is opening it.
And his dismay at finding out what it is.
Jeff-you kill me.
All the kids in the PJ's mom MADE them! Well, not the 5 girls, but all the rest! How cool is that?
Jackie reading Twas the Night before Christmas. I didn't realize Eliza was up so close in front of everyone.
How cute is that?
The kids all listening intently
It was as if it was exclusively for Eliza.

Christmas morning! Don't they look hammered?!?!? Oh, and besides losing heat, this was the ONE night in a million years we forgot to put a pull-up on Chase and he peed all over the place and had to change his new jammies. Le sigh...
A barely awake girl
All ready to come down the stairs.
This part was complete and utter chaos.
She can barely handle all of this madness.
Mom opening something really exciting.
The boys proudly showing the gifts they each got for each other.
Aren't we pretty? I'm opening the gift Tyler got me at teh school store. A "gold and diamond ring" that, "only cost me $2 but should be like $300, right mom?" he was so proud of himself-so stinking cute. Trying the paintball helmet on for size.
Christmas afternoon. I've never ever had her pass out like this in teh family room w/ a million people in the room. This was one tired girl.
Christmas night we went back to the gym and played a funny cookie game. You start w/ a gingersnap on your forehead and have to get it to your mouth w/ no hands. I have about 25 pics from this and they are all so funny and ugly, but couldn't do all of them. It was so funny to watch!
Close Ben-but it's going down your shirt!
It took me forever.
but I got it!
Tyler struggled as well.
Another night we did some volleyball.
Well, some peeps did. I hung out w/ my girl in the foyer w/ nursery toys. much more my speed.
Chase was a wild animal when we played Sardines through the church.
All the girls in teh cute outfits my mom made them. Darling!
And here's our home away from home. Missing are pics from our "Sisters" performance and the very competitive Survivor/Amazing Race style game my parents always set up for us. Our team pretty much rocked the first day. not so much the 2nd day. It was fun and very intense! Thanks mom and dad for making this trip so awesome!! I love you guys!

1 comment:

Sara B. said...

Looks like SO MUCH FUN!