Sunday, November 14, 2010

Keeping busy when dad works late

So if you have a husband that works late, you slowly (well for me it was) get the message that you have to be creative or it gets crazy at night. Well, it still gets crazy-but we're just busy AND crazy. So here we are eating smores right at the kitchen table. Messy-but oh so delicious!
Chase hates marshmallows. Weird I know. So he just roasts and roasts and gives them away. And then eats a piece of chocolate sandwiched between graham crackers. To each their own.
Another night we took some big boxes and turned them into cars. The boys had fun coloring their fenders and bumpers and tires and whatever else.
Miss Liza bird had fun scribbling.
Chase even drew fire and smoke. He's constantly thinking of ways a fireman can be involved. Burning car-call the fire department. Done.
Ty was very serious and cautious when coloring. It was a masterpiece.
Then later we had a drive-in movie! Honey I Shrunk the Kids. The kids couldn't stop watching. It was great!
I snuggled and almost passed out.
And of course we topped it off w/ snacks! I showed the kids old pics of drive-in movies and they loved the idea. They kept talking about how loud they could be and could crawl around. And talk and be loud. My kids are loud. So making them be quiet is painful. For this reason I wish there was a drive-in around. But then they'd have happen to them what happened to me in highschool at one. Don't let your mom find out that you're sneaking tons of kids in -in the back of her mini-van. One including your little sister. She won't think it's cool. And you'll have to go back and apologize adn pay. Out of your own money. Dang I was a punk.

7 comments:

LizzyP said...

Dang, your mom is awesome!

I love this idea, Cyd. I love that you said that Ty was "serious and cautious" because that is so him.

Katri said...

More ideas like these, please! Evan is out of town for the next two weeks...

Jackie said...

Sweet!

This reminds of that Primary activity we went to wear we watched a movie in boxes like this. I think we made a pink car and we attached the tires to our feet. Magical.

Sara B. said...

You are SO creative. What a fun idea. If I ever stop being so darn tired I'm stealing it!! For now, though, my kids will have to watch movies on the couch!!

Dalene said...

What a cute, cute idea!

Kellie said...

Coolest mom award! Seriously that is the best idea, box cars at the drive-in. awesome.

Maria Olsen said...

That is awesome!