Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I did it

I pierced Eliza's ears today. I understand this is very taboo and most of you are gasping in horror. But let me set some of your fears at ease. She cried for MAYBE 30 seconds. Not that it's any comparison, but she cried for 10 minutes last week when she had shots-just to give you an idea that the pain was not so bad. She still loves me, and just gave me the greatest hug before her nap. She doesn't (so far) even know she has them in. The earrings are tiny-little 14K white gold studs. You almost can't see them in the picture. Some of the ink is still on her ears. And frankly-it's just adorable...to me! We'll see what her daddy says when he gets home. Let's just say he's not so pleased, but I'm sure it will grow on him! I love this munchkin!!


6 comments:

the meyersons said...

Tell Phil you also did one in each of the boys and then Lizey's won't be such a hard blow.

She's cute and holey now!

Jackie said...

This IS controversial!

But it's extremely cute.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Oh
My
Gosh she is cute and I can't believe you did it!

You little stinker! Did you tell her you had a belly ring once to soften the blow?

Did she as for dangly earrings yet?

Drew, Leah, Saige,Lillie and Kaiya Whitehead said...

Cute! I love it! girls gotta have the bling! I can't believe you did them yourself! You go girl! I'd be scared! haha

Anonymous said...

Was searching for a GF's blog and came across your interesting one. Read where you pierced your dd's ears. I think you're a smart mommy for doing it now and going ahead and doing it yourself.

I have a 11 mos old dd and desperately want to pierce her ears. Dh doesn't want me taking her to the mall and our ped doesn't do it in her office. Mine were done very early by my mom, but she passed away last year before my dd was born. I was hoping she would do it for me.

Would love any info you have about piercing your dd's ears at home. I know I could do it, but just need some info, advice and support doing it. Sounds like you dd did really well and want to say she looks adorable.

Please drop me an e-mail at my address below if you have a minute and want to share your knowledge and experience w/me. It would appreciated.

Amy
amyswor@hotmail.com

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

You didn't do this at home did you? I know your a real DIYS kinda girl, but whoa!

What was Phil's reaction? Hannah will be so proud.