Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Peace has been restored

Who knew that a kitchen renovation could take so long? OH, you did? Cause I went into this w/ rose-colored lenses thinking it wouldn't interfere with my life THAT much. I was a bit off-base.
So here we have our new kitchen. I hope to not come off as bragging-but I just really love this new space in the house! This half of the kitchen didn't change as far as placement of cabinets and appliances. But it's all new cabinets, appliances and lighting. We were able to keep the counter-top-although our contractor mentioned he won't be doing that ever again. i guess it was pretty heavy-I think he just needs to pump more iron. :) The opening into the kitchen here was widened quite a bit and it really opened up the space. The fridge is now where our pantry used to be. It fits so much better here and I love the new floor to ceiling pantry cabinets to the left of it. The drawers pull out and I can access everything on the shelf!
Here we are at the other end of our galley kitchen. To the left here we have some sweet newness. This is where the fridge used to awkwardly stick out into the kitchen. We couldn't have the dishwasher and fridge open at the same time. Very convenient. So I have more counterspace and cabinets in it's place! Hooray! This is where I do all of my baking. It's my happy place. Oh, and each cabinet door has quiet close. it's magical. The backsplash is subway tile. Also makes me smile to see it. This kitchen is just more functional for us and I'm just thrilled w/ how it turned out!


Lastly-some friends of ours, the Grubers, gave us this really cool dining table set. It's about 40? years old and was in a dark-stained finish. So I used my new BFF-my paint sprayer-and made it white, distressed it a bit and added oilcloth seat pads. Here we have Ty pondering life? and Chase using his apple slices as canoes.


An up close and personal look at my chairs. I covet them. So sue me. Thanks mom for helping me staple the oilcloth on! I took them down to Alabama and she helped me rock these.

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Seriously Cyd, it looks FABULOUS!! I am so thrilled for you. It turned out just perfect!

Kandis said...

Your kitchen looks awesome! You must be loving new cabinets and all of the new space. And your table & chairs...I'm a little jealous. Those are pretty much fabulous, I love the design on the back of the chairs. Sweet find!!!!!!!

Sara B. said...

I LOVE IT ALL!!! Looks fantastic. You must be so happy it's DONE!! Can't wait to see it in person. Hint, hint...invite me to come swimming.

Jackie said...

Huzzah! That turned out so great. Beautiful.

And next time we're up there, I'm going to be the first to unload the dishwasher and open the fridge at the same time. SERENITY NOW!

Sherwoods said...

Man, I'm sure glad that is done. No more cooking for the Barnos! You better be able to hear the sarcastic note in my voice there. All in all, I am glad it is done and I love it all. Makes me want mine done... NOW.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Glorious!! Love it all! Very functional and super darn cute too. Can't wait to see y'all! Yea for us!

Unknown said...

The kitchen looks fabulous! So happy for you. Happy cooking! :)

Kellie said...

Those chairs are rad. I would love a kitchen reno one of these days.

Beth said...

GORGEOUS! I always knew you were the craftiest person alive! Please come and decorate my house. I need your chic-ness! So dang sad I missed seeing you. Maybe I'll come and sit at Ben's office while you get your teeth cleaned if that's the only time you have next time! :)