Saturday, April 17, 2010

I have decided

that I'm not a very content person. My parents probably already know this-I'm a little slow on the uptake. When I'm at someone's older home (like 60 years old)I long for the days of simplicity. I'm reminded that "back in the day" people got along just fine w/out all of these modern conveniences. And life was just simple. I'm tired of feeling rushed and hurried. Truthfully-in the grand scheme of things-most of what I'm hurrying around doing really isn't that important. I just want to wear an apron and bake and nurture my family. No more running around. I want to go to the corner market for groceries. Have my milk delivered. Sigh...
but THEN I go to a brand new house full of all the modern conveniences and fancy things and I want THAT. I want to push a button and have instant boiling water. My laundry done in 20 mins. My vacuum system in the wall. I want it all baby!!!
And yet I am perfectly content in my home which is neither of the above. It's about 25ish years old and it gets the job done. It doesn't have alot of character which annoys me, but it keeps us warm and dry. I feel safe in it which is good. But I could easily drop it for an old or new house. Easily.
Not sure what I'm getting at here. We're not moving anytime soon. I just had this realization. And frankly-who cares? Do you?

2 comments:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Deep thoughts by Cydney Dunlop! I hear ya sista...I hear ya!

Christopher and Leslie Parker Lheron said...

I think exactly what you are thinking on a regular basis as well. I think I'll take alittle of both. :) I would love to wear the apron and baking bread all day. :) that sounds fun.