Monday, March 8, 2010

It Happened...

That awful moment that every parent dreads. You turn around and your child is gone. This weekend we took the kids on a fun little trip to the Great Wolf Lodge in the Pocono Mtns. It has an indoor water park and Phil had Eliza, and I had Tyler, Chase and Lexi. (we brought our niece w/ us) We were walking over to meet up with Phil and I turned around and Chasey was gone. Just vanished in thin air. It had been maybe 2 seconds since I'd turned around it was that quick. I panicked and dragging the other 2 around I'm screaming like a mad-woman, and realized that was pointless b/c this place was insane crazy. Kids everywhere, screaming and water running. So I ran over to a lifeguard who radioed for help. I was shaking and bawling. So the long and the short of it was that Chase had decided to find Phil on his own, and I have no idea how (except that Heavenly Father was watching over him) and he found Phil. I kid you not that this place was a mad-house. Phil could see me across the room freaking out and he was trying to get my attention, but I didn't see/hear him. So thank goodness it all worked out, I've never had this happen to me before. I've lost sight of my kids for a second, but never for 10 minutes. I was just running around praying and praying and praying. I am so thankful we're all back together, and let me tell you this has not helped my urge to keep my children safely in a bubble for the rest of their lives!!

7 comments:

the meyersons said...

I found a website that makes shock collars for kids that are wondering off to far...I'll send you the link.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

I can just picture you freaking out! The place is soooo loud you have to yell at each other just standing next to each other. I'm glad you connected again and hopefully had a good time.

I was sure this was going to be a conclusion to the "I can walk on water" story.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Oh geez that makes my stomach hurt! Remember when you kidnapped Kennedy at Lagoon and watched me have a complete panic attack thinking she was taken? I do!

Remind me to beat the crap out of you for that. Sticky Note it!

Jackie said...

Oh man, the thought of that makes me sick! Get a leash... STAT!

Sara B. said...

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. That is my worst nightmare. If you find out how to do the whole keeping them in a bubble thing please share!! I'm all in.

Katri said...

I was expecting a walking-on-water story. I don't know if this is better or worse. :)