Friday, October 2, 2009

Helpful Hint

I decided it was high time I hang a wreath on my front door. I can't use the over the door hook b/c my door won't shut, so I decided on the command hook. After talking to my sister who has had trouble getting the metal decorative command hooks to stay, I went and bought the white plastic one. My sister said she's had no problems w/ them - except for their bright whiteness. My front door is black and after holding it up to the door it was dorky dorky. So - bring on the spray paint. I happened to have black, so I got to work. I just hung it on the door and it looks great! So thanks again spray paint for saving the day. I may have some sort of lung disease at some point from breathing your fumes-but you've made my home very decorative!!!

4 comments:

Beth said...

so the metal ones don't work? Also, how can I order capes from your mom for my super hero obsessed son?

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Great minds think alike. I've used the same thing for years on my front door. Works like a charm. I don't paint mine, I just use a large enough wreath to cover it up.

Speaking of which . . . I need to change my wreath.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Seriously it's a miracle! Glad it all worked out. My neighbor just asked me about it and then told me she just used a screw she put on the door for hers. Sheesh!

Jackie said...

Tricky!