Monday, August 24, 2009

BOBOS?!?!?

I just bought Chase a pair of school shoes. Let's just say w/out disclosing what I paid for them, that Phil disagreed w/ the price. My thinking is that he's getting all hand-me-downs, would it kill him to have a cool pair of shoes? Phil's thinking is that he's 3 and would be just as happy w/ any pair of Bobo shoes. I ask, "did you say bobo? what in the heck are you talking about? a clown?" So Phil informs me that when he was a kid if you wore really cheapo shoes (ie:k-mart specials, wal-mart, etc) then they were called bobo shoes. So these were the variety that he wore and he tells me that one day a kid sang a lovely little tune and it goes as follows...

"Bobos, they make your feet feel fine.
Bobos, they cost a dollar ninety nine."
I have never laughed this hard in my life. I can just see poor tiny Phil crushed by this bully, and it's just hilarious to me! So then I of course ask, why should any child of mine wear BOBOS?!?!? I think this should become our families theme song.
And to verify this info I found this thread and it's a real hoot!

4 comments:

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

I seriously just died laughing!
Um...I have so much to add to this, but I am actually scared of Phil since the "bug" in the suitcase incident of 2005! All I can say is this, "with those shoes and that hair" I would have been the freakin bully!

Shazam!

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

That is so awesome, just when I thought I knew everything, I've been schooled on Bobo's. I read the entire string. I feel bad for Phil having to wear them, he probably got the crap beat out of him. Should I feel bad that I'm laughing about this??. Now we know why Phil is a bit touchy with his shoe fetish. He doesn't want to perpetuate the hazing/shame of Bobo's to his offspring. "Get your Bobo's for Hobo's today!!"

Uncle Benjo

CYD said...

Ben-did you notice anything about the vibe you got from the thread? A little ethnic jive? Phil grew up down in Bensalem, PA which is in his words, "a little ghetto." So this might explain why neither of us heard of this terminology.

i'm jackie. he's doug. said...

Bobos?! Now I've heard everything...