Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Frightening Moment


Disclaimer: As you read this, don't judge me as a mother.

So the other day I was feeling exceptionally exhausted and so I put Chase down for his nap, put Ty in front of the Wii and went to my bed for a nap. I woke up and could hear Ty still playing and so I went to work cleaning the upstairs. I went down and asked Ty where Chasey was b/c his room was empty. He said he was up w/ me. So then I started to panic. Chase has a bad habit of going out the front door, but it was locked so I figured how could he have gotten out and then locked the door? So I'm running around the house yelling and freaking out and he's nowhere to be found. So after about 5 mins. I'm ready to call teh cops (mind you I have no idea what I'd tell them, "officer I was asleep and not watching my kids and an alien abducted him.") And I see a round something behind the couch. It's his head. He's fallen asleep behind the couch of all places. He never goes back there, I'm not sure what the draw was to this spot, but there he was!

I have had more near-heart attacks w/ Chase then I ever have w/ Tyler.
Mother of the Year wasn't really ever an option, but now it definitely is not. Tyler has suggested that I should watch Chase more carefully. Thanks 5 year old.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

We laughed our faces off at this. Especially at Ty's comment. ZING!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

That is hilarious! I wonder if he thought he was being really funny and was laughing at the thought of you looking for him. Then as the minutes went by and you never came he just fell asleep! Oh little Chase, you are a gem!

Anonymous said...

I would never judge you because I, too, will never win Mother of the Year!!!!