Monday, March 24, 2008

Hoppy Easter!!

I know that's so cheesy, but I love Easter. It's not totally commercialized like Christmas, but I have such great memories of Easter from my childhood and I love replicating my traditions w/ my kids. We were a bit slow on getting clothes for the boys, but Saturday we went and found them some cute polos to wear. I have to say buying boys clothes isn't as fun as a fun frilly dress, but they looked good all the same.

Easter Eve (as Ty refered to it as) we went to the Meyerson's to decorate eggs and watch Juno. Somehow Trav has it on DVD, is that legal? Anywho...It was hilarious and we enjoyed ourselves. Decorating the eggs was creative and messy, isn't that part of tradition? We even tried doing those shrinky things on uncooked eggs-not a good idea...

Easter Morn the bunny was good to the kids. He ate the carrots they'd left for him and filled their baskets full of goodies. Ty got a water gun (don't you think gun when you think of Easter?) and Chasey got a toy truck. We then rushed off to church where the children were absolute angels. Seriously. They were soooo good I am afraid next week they'll be awful to compensate. Then after church we went to Jake's gravesite for a little visit. Jenny got him some really cute gerber daisies and w/ the sunny weather it was a peaceful visit.

Then off to our house w/ the Meyerson's and Phil's parents for eggs hunts & dinner. Joellen filled eggs w/ candy and cash and we hid them w/ the real eggs. The older 2 were pretty cut throat and things got competitive. Chasey however was content taking the real eggs (of course) and chucking them off the deck. Curses!! We dined on ham, funeral potatoes a la Meyerson, rolls and other foods nobody cares about. Joellen made a yummy cake and after all the snacks and candy we were stuffed. We watched some Brian Reagan, played an 80's game where the Meyerson's spanked us and then it was off to beddy bye.
It was a nice day and now I have to chuck this candy. I worked out today only to counteract all the chocolate I'm eating!!!





4 comments:

Kandis said...

They all looked so cute in their Easter attire. It's so nice you and Jenny live so close, I don't know what I'd do without Kellie this close to me.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Oh fun times! Looks like the kiddos had a blast! They all look so adorable!

Jackie said...

Fun!!! I wish I could have seen Chasey chucking Easter eggs and Ty shooting everyone on Easter day. Love those guys...

the meyersons said...

And chuck Chase did. My favorite was when the pennies were tossed. Have mowing THAT!

And this "food that no one cares about" was slammin. The ham still makes me salivate.