Monday, March 24, 2008

Farewell to Rhode Island!

My parents are moving to Alabama (that still makes me laugh to say) this week, so a few weeks ago the kids and I took our last trip to RI. My dad has been working down in Bama for months, so it was just my mom. We sold a ton of things on Craigslist and I helped talk her into getting rid of things. The kids just ran wild and played with Grandma. Thanks for having us mom and peace out RI!! Can't say I'll miss the state per say, but I will miss having my parents so close. I'm excited to have family back south b/c I miss it so much, but having lived in Alabama I'm sure it will be another adventure for my parents!
Here are some pics of the highlights of the week...

My parents have some swords from a million years ago that they have hidden and Ty found them and he almost died w/ excitement. He's still obsessed w/ pirates and we told him they were old pirate swords. It was great!




Just a cute shot of Ty at Lowe's.
We took the boys to my mom's friends house to feed her horses. It was awesome until Ty was bitten by one! It actually broke his little skin! Look at those teeth-they're huge!



One of the beaches near my mom has been filled with seals. You take about a mile hike to get to the water and it's really beautiful. THere is no sand, it's all seashells. There were no sunning seals, but we found tons of starfish and much to my surprise Tyler picked them up! We walked up and down the beach and he threw them back into the water to "save" them. We didn't have the heart to tell him they'd already kicked the bucket. Chasey was hilarious. He was like a caged animal set free. He just ran and scream and stomped literally the whole time.

After hiking 2 miles Tyler was having an emotional melt-down. He was tired and bawling and eventually just threw himself down. We of course kept walking assuming he'd be up in a moment, but that wasn't so. He called our bluff and I eventually had to drag him to the end. The next pic is funny b/c he only poked his head up once to check if we'd left him.

8 comments:

Kandis said...

I still can't stop laughing at those two pics of Tyler laying in the middle of the road!!! That seriously cracks me up. It's pretty crazy your parents are moving to Alabama. If you guys ever go visit, you'll have to let us know and Kellie and I will come make a stop since we're only like two hours away.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Haaaaaaa! That is hilarious! Oh man that kid cracks me up!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Wait...you guys let him play with those freakin swords? Remember when they used to hang in the house? Crazy!

Kellie said...

that is hilarious - tyler laying in the road! so funny. Well it looks like we might see each other when you guys come to visit down south since the parentals will only be two hours away. That is uber-exciting. Looks like you guys had a fun easter too.

Jackie said...

The road pictures also kill me, especially the one where he popped his head up. :)

Man, I'm going to miss the RI...

Unknown said...

You know, some moms might be feeling a little guilty at leaving their child in the middle of the road. Not Cyd! She's snapping pictures!! LOL--those are hilarious.

CYD said...

Well, in my defense it's not a road. It's the hiking trail, so a biker or a horse could have plowed him down, but not a car. Does that help me at all?!?!?

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Lucky boys! We were never allowed to play with those dumb swords. Were we even allowed to look at them? Oh yes, we had to dust them along with all of Dad's chess sets. Mom's getting soft. Did you sell those too?

I love the Ty moment. I had one of those with Jeff when he was 3. I got in the car and started it. Jeff freaked out and never left my side again. I remember that day well!