Monday, October 22, 2007

Our first trip to the Emergency Room

So, we have Tyler for 4 years and (everyone knock on wood NOW!) he's never hurt himself enough to take him to the ER. Well, just the other day I was thinking, "I'll bet Chase will be there quite a bit" b/c he's a wild man. So Sunday evening I'm getting ready to go to a fireside and bam, Chase lost the battle against his toy box. He fell off and cut below his lip ALL THE WAY THROUGH TO THE INSIDE. I mean, I could stick an earring through it now in preparation for adolesence. GROSS! AND he cut the top of his mouth. As we were dealing with all that blood (man who knew the mouth gushed like that) I kept thinking that Bella from the Twilight series would be totally passing out right now. Sad?yes. True? yes.
So after a fairly short wait in the waiting room (we saw puddles of blood and a guy broke his finger-it was completely bent in half. we both almost died) Mr. Chase was sent home w/ just an RX for an antibiotic. No stitches necessary. He did also rip that piece of skin (frenulum) connecting your upper lip and gums. So it's hanging down, and each time he smiles I dry heave. Today he was in surprisingly good spirits. Clingy, but he didn't seem to bothered by it. Oh, and shout out to Jenny for picking up Ty and keeping him over night! It looks pretty bad though. Here's a pic of him last night after we got home. Notice the upper lip issue and the lower lip.

10 comments:

Kellie said...

this pic makes me laugh - the comment about the broken upper lip attachment section and his smile is awesome. Poor kid, he seems happy nonetheless.

the meyersons said...

I'm sure Chase "fell."

Someone get the # for DYFS.

i'm jackie. he's doug. said...

1. MAN he's cute!!
2. Bella comment=amazing

I'm so glad he took it like a man. May he heal quickly (especially the gross flap in the top of his lip).

amy said...

how can a person completely cut through a huge chunk of skin and not need stitches?!!! what a crazy boy.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

I am passing out just reading this!!!! Seriously...my hands are numb trying to type here. Chase you crazy nut, what are we going to do with you? You sure are cute!

(and yes...bella would be flat on the floor and edwards family would be drooling)

Anonymous said...

OMG...I am feeling a little like passing out myself. Poor little man...he still looks darn cute even with the wound!!

Sherwoods said...

Bummer. But I do love the Bella comment. I was so proud that you got into them so much. By the way, have you finished eclipse yet? I don't know about you, but for me, it's a page turner!

Taryn said...

The same thing happened to me when I was 5. I hit my chin on the coffee table and blood was everywhere. Went to the ER, I had to get stitches--but this was 20 years ago--before dermabond! Antibiotics and missing school...bummer :)

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

What a champ!! He is one crazy man. We should have our hands full with Jack and Chase together. Wrestling 101. I'm glad to report that his frenulum will grow back just like Jeff's did when his dad test drove his laser on it. Another crazy man!!

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

I just puked on my keyboard Stacey!